What you should know about HSBC bank online
July 16, 2022
HSBC bank online – Traditional banking provides an avenue to consummate one’s financial transactions like; personal banking, business banking, mortgage, loans, investment, etc., given this, it can be said arguably that banks are enablers of the financial wellbeing of any society.
In this guide, you’ll get to understand one of the world’s leading bank “HSBS bank online” service and how it has affected humanity positively in the area of financial transactions.
About HSBC bank
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organizations that serves over 40 million customers through its global businesses which include;
- Wealth and personal banking
- Commercial banking
- Global banking and markets
With a network that covers over 64 countries in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, North America and Latin America.
HSBC was founded with an idea of a local bank that serves international needs, HSBC was founded in March 1865 in Hong Kong.
HSBC was founded by Thomas Sutherland, a young Scotsman working in Hong Kong for a large shipping firm. Sutherland in the course of his duty grew an idea to set a bank that’ll be owned and managed locally, but will support international trade.
HSBC bank online
The HSBC bank online is a mobile banking app that manages your personal accounts easily and securely as well as allows you to set up new payments, scan cheques directly into your account and place a temporary block on your card in event of theft or suspicion of unauthorized access.
What you can do with HSBC bank online banking
- You can activate your card, replace it or repost lost, as well as add a temporary block to it.
- You can set up Paym and receive payments via your mobile number
- You can set up, amend or cancel a standing order accordingly
- You can set a direct debit as well manage your routine payments
- You can apply to increase, decrease or cancel your overdraft
- You may choose to update your details like address, contact details on your account.
How to register for HSBC online banking
To get started with the HSBC online banking you will have to get the app downloaded and installed on your mobile device/computer first.
Step one: Download the HSBC mobile banking app available on Google and Apple store for Android and IOS operating systems.
Having downloaded the app, select “Not registered for online banking” as seen on the welcome screen.
Step two: Kindly verify your user identity; do this by confirming your account details, date of birth, and your telephone security number.
Step three: You will need to set up your user logon details, in this case create your username and password to allow you continuous access for subsequent transactions.
Step four: Kindly activate your secure key; this is a pattern where you will have to follow the on-screen instructions as seen in the mobile app to activate your “Digital secure key”
Step five: At this point you have been registered successfully; now you can access both the banking app and the online banking platform.
How to reset your online banking details
In any case you are locked out of your mobile or online banking, you can reset your log on details via the “Digital banking help tool.”
How to update your personal details
- Log on to the online banking using your secure key
- Trace the navigation bar and select your name
- Choose personal and address details
- Choose “Edit” under the section you wish to update and follow the instructions.
How to download account statement on HSBC bank online
- Kindly access the online banking platform with your secure key
- Trace and select the account you wish to see or read statement from
- Select “Manage” and then statements
- Kindly search by date to view or download any of the previous statements you want.
HSBC telephone banking
HSBC offers telephone banking services that can help you check your account information anytime and whenever you need it.
You are advised to put up a call when you are dealing with;
- Life events
- Fraud assistance or
- Complex queries
The bank, however, cannot help through telephone banking when you are dealing with
- Update and dispute
- Updates on application
- Application for a product, however, with exception of vulnerable customers.
You can stay safe with voice ID, HSBC voice ID makes telephone banking safer in the below ways;
- It’s easier given you will not have to remember your security number, you need just your voice to access your account
- It’s safer, there’s a tendency that hackers/fraudsters may be able to steal or guess your security number, however, they can’t replicate your voice, the voice ID can recognize your voice even if you have sore throat or cold.
How to sign up for voice ID
- Call: 08000 852 380
- Verify yourself using your telephone security number
- Create your own voice print saying “My voice is my password” to a maximum of 5 times
- Use your voice to access your account through telephone banking.
HSBC credit card login
- Visit the official website of HSBC bank
- Click on “Log on” at the right end of the screen
- Enter your username and password
- Enter the security code
- Click on “Continue” to login
HSBC contact number
Existing customers from the UK: 03457 404 404
From outside UK: +44 1226 261 010
Non-HSBC customers within UK: 03455 873 444
From outside the UK: +44 1226 261 010
HSBC premier: 888.662.4722
Outside the US or Canada: 716.841.6866
Raphael Orji is a freelance writer, professional blogger and a content marketing consultant. I work with small businesses, startups and entrepreneurs in building their brand image with high quality blogging and content marketing strategy.
In need of highly purposeful driven articles that will resonate with your audience,
Want this kind of article that engages, converts and compels your readers to buy from you,
If you want search Engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo to send and open the floodgates of readers to your website/blog on daily basis,
Want to rank your website/blog
Head over to my Hire Me page and see which of my services you’d like to have.