MTCN Tracking – How to track your Western Union Money Transfer in 2020
December 10, 2019
MTCN Tracking is a practice that involves knowing the way about or destination of your western union money transfer either as a sender or beneficiary of such transaction in question.
The increasing rate of issues with western union money transfers in recent time has in turn give rise to a great demand into tracking transactions.
The concept MTCN
This is an acronym which represents the word “Money Transfer Control Number,” it’s the 10 digit number which every western union money transfer transaction is being housed.
It’s with this number that your transaction can be traced or tracked in most cases.
For a western union cash pick-up at the agent location, your MTCN must be required order wise you have no right of claims to a transaction.
This guide will as well walk you through
- Western union tracking by name
- Western union tracking without name
- Western union tracking number money order
- Tracking western union money transfer with receiver name
- Track Money Gram
- Western union log in
- Western union customer service and more.
Requirements to pick a western union money transfer
To pick a western union transfer, you will need the following
- Government recognized ID card for those residence in the United States. Driver’s License, Voter’s card, BVN or NIMS ID card for those residence outside the states and Nigeria.
- The 10 digit money transfer control number
- Sender name
- Test questions and answers if any (optional), but if included by the sender, you must use such to authenticate the money transfer.
The initiator or the sender should send the money with the correct sequence of your name as seen in your valid ID card.
Any alteration, or error of commission or omission on your name will strictly ensure you do not get paid at the agent location, as the transfer will be perceived to be a stolen one or with the wrong person.
For better understanding, read my article on How to complete your western union change receiver name
At the completion of the transfer by the initiator, he/she sends the MTCN to the receiver who will then proceed to the agent location or bank in the receiver’s country to claim the money transfer.
It’s however accompanied by the sender name as seen above, any alteration or inability of the receiver to provide accurate and complete information as seen on the transaction by the paying agent will forestall the transaction, which possibly will get force paid.
The receiver is expected to complete a Western union money transfer receiver form at the agent location, except now that western union has gone formless, you’re expected to complete the said form accurately by providing every necessary information without errors as contained on the transfer.
Haven ascertained alright by the agent, the western union money transfer will be processed immediately and the receiver gets value accordingly without further delay.
How to track your Western Union transfers
You may track your transfers in different ways, however, stay cool as I walk you through these dynamics in a far simpler manner you’d appreciate, let’s go!
1. How can I find out the status of my money transfer?
You can check the status of your money transfer by clicking Track Transfer on our website. All you need is the sender’s name and the tracking number (MTCN).
2. How can I find out if my money transfer has been paid?
After the money transfer has been sent, you can use the Track Transfer service on our website to check the status. All you need is your name and the tracking number (MTCN).
3. How can I find out if money is available for me to pick up?
Just use the Track Transfer service on our website to track the status of your money transfer. All you need is the sender’s name and the tracking number (MTCN).
4. Why is my money transfer status “On Hold”?
There are a few reasons why a money transfer might be on hold. If its been less than 30-40 minutes since you completed it, it may not be fully processed yet. Please wait a few more minutes and then check the status again.
Sometimes we need to confirm the sender’s identity before we can process a money transfer. If this is the case, we’ll send the sender an online web receipt and an email asking them to call us. Once we’ve confirmed the sender’s information, the transfer will be completed and the receiver can pick up the money.
How to Track Western Union Transfer without MTC
There could arose situations where you will may need to track your transfer without the Money Transfer Control Number at your disposal, there’s no cause for alarm yet. Just relax and read through the below instructions.
- Click on Track Transfer
- Then click on “Don’t know the MTCN?” As seen below on the page.
- Enter correct details in the following fields as seen: Sender’s number, the receiver’s country, amount sent and date of transaction
- Haven filled the above details accurately, your MTCN will appear, and from here you can then proceed to tracking your transaction since you now have the MTCN.
- Kindly click on either “the sender or receiver” as it applies to you, then input the MTCN in the column provided and track your western union transfer.
Note: Western union tracking number or order number is the 10 digit Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) made available to you by the sender.
How to track Money Gram transfer
- Click this link
- In the column displayed, input your:
- Eight or ten digit reference number/authorization as it applies to your country
- Enter your last name/Surname
- Then click in “Track.” That’s all, your transaction status will be displayed.
Western Union customer service
You may want to contact Western Union customer care for your MTCN trackingwhatsoever.
If you have any questions and would like to contact us, please use one of the options below. A Customer Service Representative will respond as soon as possible.
Customer Service in English:
Western Union Financial Services, Inc.
PO BOX 4430 Bridgeton,
Customer Service in Spanish:
Western Union Financial Services, Inc.
PO BOX 130780
Dallas, TX 75313
Call 1-800-325-6000 to speak with a Customer Service Representative in English, or find an Agent location.
Llame 1-800-325-4045 para hablar con un representante de servicio al cliente en español, o buscar una agencia.
Call 1-800-225-2750 to discuss your Western Union Preferred Customer Card.
Call 1-800-999-9660 to inquire about a Western Union® Money OrderSM purchased at an Agent location.
Call 1-800-238-5772 to speak with a Quick Collect® Customer Service Representative.
Call 1-800-238-5772 to speak with a Prepaid Services/Swiftpay Customer Service Representative.
Call 1-800-238-5772 to speak with a Customer Service Representative about cash payments for purchases. Have questions on this and more, kindly use the comment box below.
Raphael Orji is a freelance writer, professional blogger and a content marketing consultant. I work with small businesses, startups and entrepreneurs in building their brand image with high quality blogging and content marketing strategy.
In need of highly purposeful driven articles that will resonate with your audience,
Want this kind of article that engages, converts and compels your readers to buy from you,
If you want search Engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo to send and open the floodgates of readers to your website/blog on daily basis,
Want to rank your website/blog
Head over to my Hire Me page and see which of my services you’d like to have.