List of best Children Bank account in Nigeria
Children Bank Account – Are you a mother, father or a guardian here in Nigeria, did you want to open a bank account for your kids/children, have you been wondering how to go about it, let me ease your stress.
If the above scenario meets your quest, kindly relax your mind, grab your popcorn, let me walk you through the processes to opening a suitable and best Children bank account for your child, children or wards.
Dear parents, I know you love your children/child so much, you’ve done your best to provide possibly every present basic necessity your children wants, you’re just awesome.
But I have this one little and yet an important question for you
How well have you prepared and secured your child’s future, a great tomorrow begins today?
It’s meant to be a mind boggling, but yet a soul searching question for you my dear reader (parent/guardian), if by any means you’ve not made any adequate arrangement to secure your children future, I feel so safe to say you’re endangering the lives of these kids, as well doing a great disservice to them.
Like I stressed above, you’ve made provisions for shelter, feeding, clothing etc, you however have failed in the area of financial security which is far important to the child’s future and I urge you to do better by righting this wrong going through this post.
In this post, I will show you Nigerian banks who have the best kids/children savings account, the account features, opening balance, requirements, interest rates and all that.
I will as well throw more light on the following parameters
- Diamond Kiddies account
- Zenith bank children’s account
- Access bank easy savers account
- Open bank account online in Nigeria
- First bank Nigeria student account
- How to open a bank account online and many more.
Below are the best kids savings accounts you can enroll with Nigerian banks
1 ) Polaris Rainbow Account: This is a Polaris bank account designed for children between 0-17 years of age
Requirements for Polaris Rainbow Account
- The child’s parent passport photograph
- Utility bill which could be (NEPA bill, water bill etc as the case may apply)
- Parents BVN (Bank Verification Number)
This account has an interest rate of 1% above standard savings rate
2 ) Royal Kiddies Account: This is aWema bank account designed for kids in Nigeria, usually for children aged between 1-12 years.
Features of Royal Kiddies Account
- Minimum opening balance of N2k
- It has a minimum operating balance of N5k
- Free branded welcome pack on account opening
- 1% interest rate above standard savings account
- Withdrawal from this account is limited to once per month otherwise interest is forfeited for the month
- You can lodge dividend warrants and cheques in the child’s name is allowed, though one referee needed
- No charge for bank draft purchased for payment of school fees for the account holder
- Allows standing order for regular savings (from parent’s, guardian’s accounts) and for payment of school fees
- The child is eligible for Wemaannual Educational award, usually for 10 account holders
- No debit card is issued on this account
- A virtual card, Royal kiddies E-Purse is available on request, this card is however not linked to the account.
Benefits of Royal Kiddies Account
- Attractive interest rate
- Hitch free and convenient payment of school fees from dedicated account
- Eligibility for the annual “Wema Educational Award”
3 ) Smart Kids Save (SKS): This is aGTBank savings account for children ages of 0 to 17 years. The account is designed to create banking awareness in children and encourage a savings culture from an early age.
It comes with a trendy Naira masterCard for teenagers with which you can administer their pocket money whilst the parent manages the main account.
SKS teen card is an additional account opened when the smart kid is 13 years and older
Feature and benefits of Smart Kids Save
- Minimum opening/account balance of N1,000.00
- Gift items provided when milestone points are achieved
- Competitive tiered interest rates, the more you save the more you earn
- For amount below N1,000,000.00 – 0.5% above prevailing savings rate
- N1,000,000.00 to below N5,000,000.00 – 0.75% above prevailing savings rate
- N5,000,000.00 and above – 1% above prevailing savings rate
- Allows lodgments of Cheques, Drafts and Dividends into the account , subject to a maximum of N100,000.00
- Periodic lodgments can be made into the account through standing order/ automated direct debit
- Complimentary invite to SKS Fun events.
- SKS can be converted into a regular savings account, with the young saver as an authorized signatory when he/she is 18 years of age
- Access to smart kids website (https://www.gtbank.com/sks ) where the smart kid has access to exciting games, educational support for home work/ study and other fun activities.
- One passport photograph of each signatory and the smart kid
- Valid ID for each signatory
- Utility bill
- Copy of smart kid birth certificate
4 ) Fidelity SweetA Account: This is a Fidelity bank children bank account, dedicate for children from 0 to 17 years.
Features of Fidelity SweetA Account
- It has operating balance of N1000
- Monthly interest payment
Benefits of SweetA Account
- Quarterly royalty reward scheme in place
- Issuance of debit cards to account holders of 15 to 17 years of age
- There’s an annual SweetA party for the account holders
- Birthday gifts
- No limit to the number of withdrawals you can make
- You can lodge in Cheques and Dividend warrants, Draft issuance inclusive
- 1 passport photograph each for both child and parent
- Child’s birth certificate
- Valid means of identification for the parent
5 ) Unity Kids Account: This is a Unity bank kids savings account, target at kids between the age of 0-16
- Passport photo graph of both the kid and the guardian
- Valid means of identification of the guardian
- Recent utility bill of the guardian
- The guardian also stands as the signatory to the account
- Then an initial opening balance not specified
6 ) Children Education Savings Scheme (CHESS): This is a Stanbic IBTC children bank account, it’s an account that enables parent save for their children’s future.
- Two recent passport photograph of the parent/guardian
- Two clear passport photograph of the baby
- Birth certificate of the child
- Valid means of identification for the parent
- Utility bill, within the last 6 months
- Opening balance of N5k opening balance
7 ) Zenith Children’s Account (ZECA):This is a Zenith bank children bank account, it’s a unique savings account designed to allow parents save for their children’s future and teach them about savings from a tender age.
The account is modeled in two tiers for young children and teen with an overarching objectives of making savings fun for them and teaching them financial discipline.
The Zenith bank children’s account is for kids from age 0-12 years, while Zenith bank children’s account for teen is from 13-17 years of age.
Features of Zenith Bank Children’s account
- An account specifically for children between the ages of 0-12 years
- Zero account opening balance
- Interest rate on this account is 4.2%
- Standing order credit option
- Cheque, draft dividend lodgment
- Invitation to the annual Zenith Children’s parade.
- Participation in children’s day raffle draw
Requirements for Zenith Bank Children’s Account
- A duly completed account opening form
- One recent clear passport photograph of guardian/parent and child
- Birth certificate of child
- Identification of signatories/valid ID card
- Utility bill, dated within the last three months.
8 ) Early Savers Account: This is an access bank children bank account, a savings account for children below the age of 16 years including unborn children.
The account can be opened in trust for a child by the parent/guardian who will be the primary account holder with the responsibility of running this account until their child attains adulthood and can solely operate their own accounts or possibly move to other age appropriate products.
Features of Early Savers Account
- It has an opening balance of N1,000
- Minimum daily balance of N1,000
- Allow deposits of dividend warrants up to N10,000
- Allows direct debit instruction
- One withdrawal per quarter
- No card is being issued on this account
Benefits of Early Savers Children Bank Account
- Access to school fees advance
- You become a member of the Early Savers club
- Free quarterly Early Savers news letter
- Ease of saving through standing order instruction
- Invitation to exclusive Access Early Savers events
- Account is online and can be monitored real time.
Requirements for Early Savers Children Account
- Passport photograph of the child
- Passport photograph of the parent or guardian
- Utility bill
- Birth certificate of the child or international passport
- Valid ID card of the parent (PVC, NID, DL, INT’L Passport)
9 ) Kids Account: FCMB Kids Account, this is a savings account designed for kids between age 0-15.
The Kids Account encourages healthy savings habits at an early age and money management, it’s a naira dominated account.
Features and benefits of FCMB Kids Account
- It has an opening balance of N5000
- It’s a non-clearing cheque, withdrawal booklet is used for withdrawal by an account holder alone
- It has a minimum operating balance of N2000
- Free email transaction notification
- Free birthday cakes
- Free ATM money box
- Wiin N10,000 monthly for 10 years in kids account pocket money promotion.
Requirements for FCMB Kids Account
- A completed account opening form
- One passport photograph of parent/guardian
- One passport photograph of the child
- Birth certificate of the child
- Utility bill.
10 ) U-Care Savings Account: This a UBA children bank account targeted at emotional disposition of parents to save for their children. It’s an education based savings account opened in the name of the beneficiary as well designed to support education through Primary and Secondary school years.
Benefit of U-Care Savings Account
- Interest rate given at normal savings rate
- Credit facility availability to cover shortfall on School fees for salary account holders only
- Free standing order fee for transfer into account internally
- SMS alert on Birthday
- Free internal network transactions on account
- School fees payment online, if school is signed up.
Feature of U-Care Savings Account
- One withdrawal per month or interest is forfeited
- Lodgment of cheque or dividend warrants is allowed, if issued in favor of account holder
- Completed account opening form
- 1 passport photograph
- Valid ID
- Birth certificate or international passport of the child
- Utility bill, not later than 3 months old.
11 ) Kids First: This is a First Bank children bank account, it’s never too early to start planning for your kids future. Put your children on their way to financial independence with the KidsFirst savings account.
This account is designed for children between the ages of 0-12 to show them how exciting savings can be. With this account your child also gets to enjoy fun activities such as cool treasure hunts, cinema events and much more all year round, courtesy of FirstBank.
Features of FirstKids Savings Account
- The account is opened in the child’s name and operated by the parent or guardian
- Minimum operating balance of N1000
- Automatic transaction to MeFirst account when the child attains the age of 13
- Ease and convenience of online banking
- Cheque/Dividend warrant of up to N2 million can be lodged into the account
- Trendy gift item for the child when the account is opened with a minimum of N10,000
- Standing order on payment of tuition/other fees.
Requirements for First Kids Savings Account
- Passport photograph of the kid and parent/guardian
- Birth certificate of the child
- Valid ID card of the parent/guardian
- Utility bill not older than three months.
- Opening balance
You can now open bank account online in Nigeria, I’ve written about so many bank accounts you can open from the comfort of your mobile phone device here in Nigeria, will soon link up here.
Having seen how easy it is to open achildren bank account in NIGERIA, I however urge you to review these children savings accounts closely and choose whichever one appeals to you. While choosing, consider monthly withdrawal limits, opening balance, interest rate if given, if ATM card is issued on the account, Dividend warrant lodgment etc. These parameters will enable you to make a sound decision regarding your taste, to your success.
Raphael Orji is a Digital Marketing Expert, Seasoned and Dynamic Freelancer, with interest in Banking, Personal finance, Entrepreneurial development. A Councillor and Motivational Speaker.
In need of highly purposeful driven articles that will resonate with your audience,
Want this kind of article that engages, converts and compels your readers to buy from you,
If you want search Engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo to send and open the floodgates of readers to your website/blog on daily basis,
Want to rank your website/blog
I’m here for you!
Come right in let’s talk.
Call: +234 7034847816 available on WhatsApp.