Jumia sales: How to list and sell any product on Jumia in 2020
Jumia sales – I needed this phone badly, I’ve checked offline stores in my neighborhood, it’s either they are out of stock or are still prospecting to include this phone in their list of to buy phones.
Having read a review about it online, it met my specification. The camera, inbuilt memory capacity and battery longevity was just awesome that I couldn’t wait to have it and start exploring.
I was almost getting frustrated for my inability to source and buy this phone from the usual shops in town, suddenly something awoken my consciousness to online stores.
I picked up my phone at a rapid pace, Google the phone, like a miracle in the city of Galilee, I landed on Jumia, that was even before Jumia got so popular as an online store in Nigeria, so don’t laugh at my naivety, I’m not a village dude.
Fast-forward, I checked out the spec, pricing and ratings from previous buyers, I concluded it worth giving a benefit, I added it to my cart and placed my order immediately.
In the next 24hrs, my latest device arrived at my doorstep, I checked it out to confirm the order, everything was exactly as expected, I paid the dispatch man, then starts exploring at once.
I felt so relieved, I felt so ahead with this phone that I showed it around to my friends who also purchased theirs on Jumia.
What point am I trying to buttress?…… Simply the importance of online store, how people are making a killer sales daily, how it’s the best bet for local sellers to tap into huge market for brand perception and exposure.
If you are a local seller, you want to have your goods exposed and make more sales per week, this guide has simply been streamlined to provide succor to your retail challenges.
Wait a minute, who do you think owns those goods on Jumia and other ecommerce stores?
They are local and nearby sellers like you, Jumia didn‘t own them, with Jumia, you have the opportunity of being seen and heard. The only problem is how, and this is why I’ve written this master piece and urge you to read carefully step by step, then take your business to the next level.
Why sell on Jumia?
- You connect with millions of buyers online
- You will sell more products
- There’s a top notch sellers support in place
- Expert product delivery
- Improve your revenue
- Free online/offline training to aid your course.
How to join Jumia sales in simple steps
Getting your products assembled for sale on Jumia involves simple steps you can complete in few minutes. The below steps apply:
1. Register for Jumia seller account
Kindly visit www.jumia.com.ng , having arrived scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Become a seller.”
From this point, you will migrate to registration page where you will fill in details which include but not limited to your company information in the following arrangement:
- Your first and last name
- Mobile phone number
- Display name/shop name
- Email address
- Retype email Address
- Retype password
- Check the agreement box and continue
2. Business information
Kindly select the under listed fields as seen on the form/page
- Add the names of your proposed available products
- Your address
- Origin address as seen
- TIN/ tax Identification Number if available
- Person in charge/name
- Select your gender from the list of option
- Select the legal form for the type of business: Limited liability Company, Public Company or No minimum capital unlimited liability of partners, non-business
- In put the business registration number if any, you may skip this page anyways.
3. Bank Account details
In this page you are expected to fill in your bank account information in the following arrangements
- Bank name
- Bank code
- Account name
- Account number
- BVN then click continue
On the summary page you will see the following information
- Seller ID
- Your first and last name will appear
- Email address
- Phone number
- Shop name etc. In fact, this is more like a summary over view of what you’ve inputted earlier.
5. Become an ecommerce expert
You will have to complete the dedicated training session for new sellers, activate your seller Center account to manage your shop on the go.
6. List your products and start selling.
Upload more than five products to start selling
Then click on start selling.
But before then, you will need to log into your email to verify your account.
Click on the link found in your mail, this will redirect you to the summary page as well.
Having done this, kindly click on start selling, log in to your account, click on the Menu chose your shop name, here you’ll see the following options:
- Help, this is more like a dashboard from where you can monitor the progress of your products listed for sale.
To introduce a new product, click on “Create a new product.”
How to create a new product for Jumia sales
You can create a product that does not exist on the platform already or a product that already exists on Jumia sales platform.
For a product that doesn’t exist on Jumia store
You will need to have the following information in creating new offers
- Product name
- Detailed description and specification of the product
- High quality pictures of the product
- Available stock
For a product that already exists on Jumia sales platform
Use the sell your features:
- On the search bar, enter the exact product you want to upload, then click on “Sell Yours.”
- Click on “more product details” tab and change the product line to the name of your store
- Click on “Product Pricing” tab and insert: “Seller SKU,” “Quantity,” “Price per item.”
- Once done, click on submit and finish.
Cost of selling on Jumia/Jumia seller fees
Jumia does not charge you as a seller, unless you gets to make a sell. Jumia earns from the sellers as per the revenue share agreement.
The turnover share varies and depends on the product category.
However, to sell on Jumia, the following responsibilities rest on your shoulders:
- You must ensure business transparency as well maintain high quality products, Jumia however does routine quality checks for verification.
- Grant Jumia access to your products, branding materials and trademarks for promotional purposes.
- You invest in campaigns to promote your product
- Complete your registration process and provide your Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Have a customer product ratings of not less than 3 stars
- Maintain a ready to ship policy within 24 hours
- A comprehensive list of seller terms and conditions can be found at the Jumia seller center.
Getting your products listed on Jumia is the most active brand awareness campaign that ever exists in Nigeria and Africa.
If you still depend on your offline store for customers and profitable sales, I deem it fit to tell you that your competitors are smiling to the bank already haven made huge profits onJumia sales weekly than you’d ever made in your offline stores in a year.
Have contrary ideas, need more information about this topic, kindly use the comment box.
Raphael Orji is a freelance writer, professional blogger and a content marketing consultant. I work with small businesses, startups and entrepreneurs in building their brand image with high quality blogging and content marketing strategy.
In need of highly purposeful driven articles that will resonate with your audience,
Want this kind of article that engages, converts and compels your readers to buy from you,
If you want search Engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo to send and open the floodgates of readers to your website/blog on daily basis,
Want to rank your website/blog
Head over to my Hire Me page and see which of my services you’d like to have.