How to use the UBA internet banking
UBA internet banking service gives you unrestricted and unlimited secure access to your account, anytime, anywhere and any day on your computer, smart phone and tablets.
UBA INTERNET BANKING: KEY FEATURES
- It allows you an instant registration, as a UBA customer you can start and finish internet Banking registration via the log in page https://ibank.ubagroup.com
- You can buy airtime for your mobile phones and for your loved ones.
- You have the ability to monitor your account activities as well viewing your loan status.
- Money transfer access, you can send money to other UBA account users as well to other banks. You can also effect a standing order.
- Bill payment, you can settle your bills via UBA internet banking such as utility and TV subscription.
- 24/7 availability, the platform is always available for use at any time even at weekends.
- You can book flights for your travelling and pay directly from your bank account.
- You can customize your user ID if so wished.
- You can get cyber receipt as a proof of payments and transfers for all your transactions.
- Security is not let down on UBA internet Banking platform, any attempt of fraudulent log in into your account will be restricted while you’re notified duly.
- You may also like: How to use the UBA Mobile Banking application
UBA INTERNET BANKING: REQUIREMENTS
- You must have an active account with the bank to access this service.
- There’s an enrolment form to be completed.
- Indemnity is in place for execution for transaction limits in upward of N5m for individuals and N100m for corporate users.
INITIATING INTERNATIONAL FOREIGN CURRENCY TRANSFER ON UBA INTERNET BANKING
To send foreign currency abroad using UBA internet banking, you have to get the following in place: Beneficiary details to include name, account number and full contact address. Purpose of transfer, Beneficiary’s bank details to include bank name, address, Swift code and hard token/secure Pass. To send the money, the following steps apply:
- Log on to ibank.ubagroup.com
- Sign in with your user ID and password already created.
- Upon successful log in, click Transfers and Payments and FX International Transfers menu on the left section to open the FX form.
- Choose who bears the correspondent bank charge. This is the process fee charged by the Beneficiary’s bank for service rendered and is not controlled by UBA. Select sender to bear or Beneficiary to bear. Note: If beneficiary to bear option is selected, he will get FX amount less the corresponding bank charge but if sender bear, the beneficiary will get the full FX transfer amount.
- Select transfer type- by default, the transfer type is Swift Transfer but you have an option for selecting draft as the case may apply.
- Choose account to debit- note that only your domiciliary account will show here. It sis compulsory that your selected account is in the same currency you wish to transfer. The system does not allow cross currency transfer, this however does not mean that the beneficiary cannot receive the funds in other currencies. In other words only dollars can be transferred from Dollar account. Pounds from pounds account etc.
- Fill in beneficiary’s details name, account, bank details, address, swift code, sender details, debit amount, address in full, email address, phone number, intermediate bank details if applicable, sort code and bank number.
- Kindly state the purpose of transfer clearly, general terms like personal or official are not acceptable.
- Review all details and click transfer at this stage terms and conditions will be displayed read and accept if satisfied otherwise decline transfer.
- Input token code in the token field and click OK to authenticate the transaction. You get a response “Successful” Transaction is sent for processing, you will get a telex copy thereafter if duly successful.
- You may also like: How to use *326# Ecobank transfer code – Financengr
UBA INTERNET BANKING: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Each time, I want to transact, I get transaction limit exceeded: what could had gone wrong and how can it be resolved?
Please confirm that limit is applicable to you. You may need to give an instruction and execute indemnity at any UBA business office for higher limits.
2. I am interested in UBA internet banking service, but I am not in a country with UBA presence, how do I enroll?
You can enroll on UBA internet banking without visiting a UBA business office by clicking on download athttps://www.ubagroup.com click on the link for enrollment over the internet, you will however require the latest version of Adobe reader on your PC and an image of acceptable means of identification to apply. The can be returned via email by sending the completed form to virtual.enrollment@ubagroup.
3. How can I enroll or register for UBA internet banking?
There are flexible options for enrollment and registration which are
- Instant self- registration with your debit card, individual customers can start and finish enrollment from the internet banking login page ibank.ubagroup.com by clicking instant self- registration button. It takes about 40 seconds to complete the process.
- Enrollment with virtual enrollment form- There is also another option for both individuals and corporates to enroll with the interactive online PDF forms.
- Enrollment through business offices- You can walk into any UBA business office to fill a form and get enrolled on internet banking. Corporate customers can also give instruction on their letterhead to RMs or business offices to enroll their desired users, there’s no limit to the number of users who can enroll under a corporate user.
4. Can I view all my accounts with UBA plc using one internet banking login ID?
Yes, when you enroll for UBA internet banking service, you can specify which account you want to access to over the internet and can have access to all of them using one single user ID.
5. How do I reset my password?
On the internet banking home page https://www.ibank.ubagroup.com click on forgot your password? Link, enter your UBA internet banking USER ID on the next screen and submit, then provide an answer to any security question set by you and a new password is automatically generated and sent to your registered e-mail address.
6. I have not used internet banking in a long time, how can I start again?
Getting started again is easy. Click forgot user ID? To retrieve your user ID, then click forgot password? To retrieve your password. Now you are good to go.
7. I want to know more about what UBA internet banking has to offer. How can I go about it?
Kindly do a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
8. I just registered on UBA internet banking, what are my limits and how can they be increased?
CBN stipulates that default daily limits for instant value transactions for individual is N1m and corporate N10m and for higher limits, instruction and indemnity must be executed by the customer. Self -registered users have a daily limit of N20k, for higher limits customer should convey an instruction and execute an indemnity to any UBA business offices.
9. How secure Am I when Using UBA internet banking?
You are very secure when using internet banking, we have gone to great exetent to protect you and your funds when using the internet banking. You have two level authentication (password + token) available each time you transact on internet banking, in addition there’s a virtual keyboard for use on open networks and public spaces so that key loggers will not capture your details.
10. How can I access UBA internet banking? Is it available as a downloadable app to phones?
Internet banking can be accessed from any internet enabled devices-computer, laptop, smart phones etc via ibank.ubagroup.comfor ease of access and use, you can download internet banking apps from stores.
11. I have received my login credentials with a PDF attached to it in my inbox, how do I access my login credentials?
In Nigeria, all accounts use the NUBAN system, all accounts are 10 digits, your login credentials are in the PDF attached to the mail you received, the PDF has been pass-coded using the last 7 digits of ANY of your 10 digits account numbers with UBA Plc, as a hint the last 3 digits of the account used is stated in the body of the email you received.
12. How can I get token and how much does it cost?
If you desire a hard token you can get it at any UBA business office.
13. Can I change my user ID? How often can it be changed?
Yes, to do this, click Personal Profile menu and click update User ID to personalize your user ID. You can personalize your user ID as often as you desire. It is all about you.
UBA internet banking application has recorded a great height and as well highly recommended for all UBA customers who have access to internet enabled device to as well enjoy seamless banking experience that abounds.
Raphael is a seasoned and dynamic writer, with interest in Banking, personal finance, entrepreneurial development. A councillor and motivational speaker.