How to send and receive money with UBA Africash across Africa
August 9, 2021
UBA Africash – Money transfer across African countries has never been an easy affair considering a number of policies bedeviling transfers around the continent.
However, if you wish to send or receive money in African country today the puzzle has been solved by UBA Africash money transfer.
Deepening financial inclusion has never been at its best than UBA is providing with this single service, it’s simply a game changer to the core.
What is Africash?
Africash is a secure electronic payment service that allows you send and receive money from 20 countries UBA operates in.
Who can access this service
This services is available for both UBA customers and walk-in customers (Non-UBA customers) who domicile in any of the below listed participating countries.
Participating African countries
- Benin Republic
- Burkina Faso
- Congo Brazzaville
- Congo DRC
- Cote D’Iviore
- Sierra Leone
- Zambia and
The idea is that you can send and receive money via the UBA Africash from any of these countries as confirmed with UBA’s rooted presence.
Features of the UBA Africash
- Sending money/receiving money via this platform is “Convenient” from any of the said African Countries.
- Funds are credited to the beneficiary’s account instantly with relative “Speed,” it’s just swift.
- It’s an open service for both customers and non-UBA customer (Walk-in customers)
- Ease of refund and transaction cancelation, you can request cancelation, modification of transfer provided the fund has not been paid out to the receiver.
How to send money via the UBA Africash
If you reside in any of the above listed countries, kindly walk into any UBA branch or agent location in your residence country.
Recall: You do not need to have an account with UBA to use this service.
Kindly inform the teller your intention to send money to a proposed African country, you will be required to complete a transfer form with the required details.
Remember to go along with a valid ID card as approved by the government of your residence country.
For Nigerians you could either use: Voter’s card, International Passport, Driver’s license, National ID card, etc.
You will be required to hand in your
- Completed transfer form to the teller
- Your valid ID card and the
- Amount you wish to send in local currency.
- The receiver’s complete name as contained in his/her approved ID card in their residence country
- Country of destination/city where possible
- Account number where a receiver is a UBA account holder
On completion of the transfer of a transaction “Reference code will be issued to you” you are expected to send this detail to the beneficiary. While account holders whose funds were send directly into their accounts will have to visit a UBA branch to complete a withdrawal slip and get paid from their accounts.
How to receive UBA Africash
- Kindly visit any UBA branch with a valid ID card and a PIN code/reference number provided by the sender.
- Complete the Africash receive form to collect the cash
- Upon confirmation of details and all things been equal you will be paid on available local exchange rate to that of the sent country.
- Where account number was provided as a UBA customer, you are expected to withdraw the fund from your UBA bank account which could either be “Current or Savings Account.”
Africash fees are competitive and reflect market realities in each country. Prevailing market exchange rates are applied on each transfer.
How long does it take to get money transfer?
Africash is online real-time. The beneficiary gets money instantly.
What are the transfer limits?
Transfer limits vary per participating country.
What happens if I lose the reference code/PIN?
To get a new PIN, the sender will need to go the branch where transaction was initiated to request another PIN.
Can transaction be modified or cancelled?
Yes, senders can request to modify, cancel or get a refund on unprocessed transactions only.
You can as well change/correct your beneficiary details on the transfer.
Using the UBA Africash can be pretty easy, swift, fast, secured, convenient, and fulfilling that you may not have to pass through unwarranted stress to send/receive money from any of these African countries.
Raphael Orji is a freelance writer, professional blogger and a content marketing consultant. I work with small businesses, startups and entrepreneurs in building their brand image with high quality blogging and content marketing strategy.
In need of highly purposeful driven articles that will resonate with your audience,
Want this kind of article that engages, converts and compels your readers to buy from you,
If you want search Engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo to send and open the floodgates of readers to your website/blog on daily basis,
Want to rank your website/blog
Head over to my Hire Me page and see which of my services you’d like to have.