How to send and receive money via Ecobank Rapidtransfer across Africa
August 15, 2021
Ecobank Rapidtransfer – One will hardly argue that international money transfer across the African region is not a means to deepen cross-border financial inclusion.
Just like sending money from Europe and America to Africa has become the new normal, sending money from one African country to another is no longer an issue against the backdrop of time.
Ecobank Rapidtransfer is one sure channel that enables you to send money to friends, family and business associates across the region in the most seamless way that had ever been.
What is Ecobank Rapidtransfer?
Ecobank Rapidtransfer is a pan-African money transfer service that enables you to send money seamlessly, easy and superfast online across African countries where Ecobank operates.
Basically there are about 36 countries in Africa where this service can be sent from and be received as well.
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo Brazzaville
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Cote d’Ivoire
- Equatorial guinea
- The Gambia
- Guinea Bissau
- Sao Tome & Principe
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
Features of Ecobank Rapidtransfer
- Convenient and
Who can use this service?
Any customer of bankable age can access this service be it Ecobank customer or a walk-in customer.
- Valid ID card (International passport, Driver’s license, National ID card, Voter’s card, Identification card of recognized corporate bodies).
How to send money via the Ecobank Rapidtransfer
The idea is that this money transfer service is meant for everyone, be it an Ecobank customer or a walk-in customer. There’s no limit of access so long you have the requisite materials available with you at the bank or agent location.
To send your money,
- Kindly walk into any Ecobank branch/agent location
- Indicate your intention to send money
- Present your valid ID card
- You will be required to complete a “Rapidtransfer form” complete the form with attention to details.
- Write the receiver’s complete name as contained on their valid ID card in their residence country, write the destination country and the amount you want to send.
- Hand in the completed form with your ID card to the Rapidtransfer teller
- The teller cross-checks for possible errors and processes the transfer.
- You will receive a reference number and other transaction details on completion, which you are expected to send the reference number alongside other details to the receiver.
How to receive Ecobank Rapid transfer
The receiver here refers to the beneficiary, you can receive a transfer by visiting the nearest Ecobank branch/agent location.
- Communicate your intention to receive “Rapidtransfer”
- Present your valid ID card (International passport, Driver’s license, National ID card, Voter’s card, Identification card of recognized corporate bodies).
- You are required to complete a transfer form where (you should capture the sender’s complete name, amount being sent, transaction reference, etc).
- On completion of the form, kindly hand it to the money transfer teller who checks for correctness, processes the rapidtransfer and cash handed over to you accordingly.
How to become an agent
As an agent you can process rapidtransfer on behalf of the bank and make some money for yourself usually fees and commission.
To become a rapidtransfer agent you will need the following,
- You must be a registered institute (Sole proprietorship, company, partnership) with requisite regulatory approval to provide remittance service
- Kindly approach any Ecobank affiliate to get started.
Ecobank customer care
WhatsApp chat: 2348087603717
Raphael Orji is a freelance writer, professional blogger and a content marketing consultant. I work with small businesses, startups and entrepreneurs in building their brand image with high quality blogging and content marketing strategy.
In need of highly purposeful driven articles that will resonate with your audience,
Want this kind of article that engages, converts and compels your readers to buy from you,
If you want search Engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo to send and open the floodgates of readers to your website/blog on daily basis,
Want to rank your website/blog
Head over to my Hire Me page and see which of my services you’d like to have.