How to register/activate Standard chartered USSD code
September 17, 2021
Standard chartered USSD code – If you just opened an account with Standard chartered bank, the next thing you may like to know is how to activate the USSD banking.
The Standard chartered bank USSD banking undoubtedly will enable you accomplish a number of transactions from the comfort of your home without visiting the branch.
If you’ve signed up via the Mobile app, you’ll most reliably conform with the fact that Standard chartered bank is not like any other commercial bank in Nigeria that have branches in the most remote parts of your locality.
For instance, I’ve been using a Standard chartered bank account having signed up from its Mobile banking without having to visit any of its branches yet.
But have I been enjoying the service? An ordinary affirmativeness will be an understatement of fact, it turns out to be one of the most digital assets I’d ever had in banking all through my fruitful years of banking.
Transactions executed with the USSD code
You can carry out the following transactions with the Standard chartered USSD code
- Funds transfer
- Airtime top-up
- Pay bills (DSTV, GOTV, Electricity, etc.)
- Check account balance
- Check Mini statement and many more
What you need to get onboard the USSD code
To get onboard, it becomes necessary that you make available the below details
- A standard chartered bank account number
- Your BVN
- Date of birth
- Mobile phone with a SIM card
How to activate Standard chartered USSD code
From a mobile phone with a registered phone number linked to your Standard chartered account dial *977#
In the next slide select “1” to “Register for USSD banking”
In the next slide enter your “Account number”
In the next slide enter your “11-digit BVN”
Enter your “Date of birth” in the format “DDMMYYYY” where DD=date, MM=month of birth, YYYY=year of birth.
Create your “6-digit PIN” it’s with this PIN that you are expected to authenticate all your transactions via the USSD platform. Ensure to use a code that’s known to you alone, avoid the use of date of birth, etc. Again, the PIN must not be exposed to a third party.
Reconfirm your 6-digit PIN, you will be informed that registration is successful.
How to transfer money via Standard chartered USSD code
- From your registered phone number linked with your Standard chartered bank account dial *977#
- Select option “1” for transfer
- In the next slide you have three options to send this money; 1. Own account 2. Standard chartered account and 3. Other banks
- Whichever you select from the option above, you will be required to enter “Amount” you want to send
- Enter the account number of the beneficiary
- Select beneficiary’s bank from the list of banks
- Enter your 6-digit PIN and complete your transfer.
How to check account balance
- From your registered phone number dial *977#
- Select option “3” to check account balance
- Enter your 6-digit PIN and your balance will be displayed on your screen immediately.
How to top-up airtime
You may wish to top-up your phone or that of friends, whichever one it’s I will show you just here.
- From your registered phone number dial *977#
- Select option “2” for airtime top-up
- In the next column you will be asked to either top-up your phone or for others.
- Select “1” for self, enter amount
- Enter your 6-digit PIN.
To top up for a third party from the 4th step select option “2”
- Enter the beneficiary’s phone number and amount
- Enter your 6-digit PIN to authenticate the transaction.
How to buy data
- Dial *977#
- Select option “5”
- Select self for your self
- In the next column data prices will be displayed, select your preferred package
- Enter your 6-digit PIN and data will be credited to your phone
From the third step above select option “2” for third party
- Enter beneficiary’s number
- Select data package from the list displayed
- Enter your 6-digit PIN
- The third party’s phone number will be credited with value
Q1. Standard chartered bank Nigeria customer care
Ans. You may have a reason to reach out to the customer care, kindly refer to the below contacts
- 0800 123 5000 or +234 1 270 4611-4
Q2. How to know my standard chartered bank account number
Ans. Kindly log in to your mobile banking app, your account number can be found just below by the left hand side.
Q3. Standard chartered bank online account opening
Ans. To open an account online, kindly read this guide.
Q4. Standard chartered bank Nigeria head office
Ans. The office is located at No. 142 Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island 106104, Lagos.
Using the standard chartered USSD code can be seamless, simple and fun. Knowing how comfortable you can execute so many transactions from home makes it even more interesting.
Raphael Orji is a freelance writer, professional blogger and a content marketing consultant. I work with small businesses, startups and entrepreneurs in building their brand image with high quality blogging and content marketing strategy.
In need of highly purposeful driven articles that will resonate with your audience,
Want this kind of article that engages, converts and compels your readers to buy from you,
If you want search Engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo to send and open the floodgates of readers to your website/blog on daily basis,
Want to rank your website/blog
Head over to my Hire Me page and see which of my services you’d like to have.