How to generate JAMB Profile/confirmation code then purchase e-PIN in the bank (2019)
JAMB profile/confirmation code – The purpose of this guide is to educate students who are vying for admission into the higher institutions of learning in Nigeria, on how to obtain their JAMB profile code and as well secure an e-PIN via bank payment.
WHAT IS JAMB PROFILE/CONFIRMATION CODE
This is ten (10) digit number issued to candidates via short message code, which encrypted is the candidate’s details, usually name, phone number and N3,790 to be paid in the bank.
Once the candidate receives the profile code on cell phone, he/she goes straight to the bank, on arrival, he/she is expected to fill a teller with the following details: Name, amount (N3,790), phone number, profile code and signature.
The teller in turn receives the ticket and money from the candidate then processes on the platform using the profile code which is unique to every candidate to generate e-PIN.
Upon receipt of the e-PIN, the candidate should proceed to any CBT center to complete the registration online.
HOW TO GENERATE PROFILE/CONFIRMATION CODE FOR UTME AND DE (DIRECT ENTRY)
- Kindly send your First name, Middle name and Last name to “55019” from your mobile phone
- You will receive a confirmation code usually 10 digits on your cell phone
- With this code, you then proceed to the bank to obtain your e-PIN.
You may also like: How to generate remita code for all federal government payments (rrr)
Note: No two candidates can use one phone number to generate JAMB profile code.
If you already have an existing profile code, you can use it to procure an e-PIN without generating another profile code (existing user)
It then stands that if you’d sat for JAMB before, or last year, you can use your previous or existing profile code to proceed with your e-PIN procurement in the bank, without sending your details to “55019.”
FAQ ON JAMB/UTME/DE PROFILE/CONFIRMATION CODE
- JAMB profile code number:This is 10 digits number sent to your mobile phone via SMS having sent your First, middle and last name to 55019.
- How to check my JAMB profile code: In case you misplaced or couldn’t remember your profile code, kindly send “RESEND”to 55019, from your mobile phone.
- How can I correct errors:From the registered phone Kindly send “CORRECT” e.g Surname, first name or last name to 55019.
- I forgot/lost my JAMB profile/confirmation code, how to recover lost JAMB profile code: send a text message from the registered phone number“RESEND” to 55019.
For Jamb brochure click here
For Jamb syllables click here
It’s advisable you generate yourJAMB profile/confirmation code yourself. While doing so, kindly pay attention to details to avoid errors. Avoid using Opera mini browser. Chrome, safari, explorer and Mozilla Firefox are recommended. You can still register on JAMB website by clicking here
Raphael is a seasoned and dynamic writer, with interest in Banking, personal finance, entrepreneurial development. A councillor and motivational speaker.