How to check GTBank account number
September 6, 2021
How to check GTBank account number – To access your bank account in most transactions without ATM card or e-channel platforms, you will need to keep your account number handy especially in the bank.
Given this, GTBank customers are in constant need to learn how to check GTBank account number.
In this guide you will learn how easy and swift it is to access your account number using simple USSD code, SMS, Mobile app, etc.
Why would you need your account number?
- When you need to receive money from a third party (just send them your account number you will receive credit as soon as the transaction is completed)
- When you want to effect cash withdrawal across the counter in the bank
- When you have a need to fill certain forms online which require your account number to receive proceeds example: Bet9ja, Betking, Nairabet, to mention just a few of these scenarios.
How to check GTBank account number via the magic banking/USSD code
- Your mobile phone not necessarily internet enabled
- A phone number linked to your GTBank account
- GTBank magic banking/USSD code and 4-digit transaction PIN
To check your account number, from your registered phone number dial *737*6*1#
In the next slide enter your 4-digit USSD code as seen below and your account number will be displayed. You will also receive an SMS to this effect.
Note: This operation attracts a service fee of N10 only.
How to check GTBank account number via SMS
From your registered phone number with the bank,
- Send “My account” to 08076665555
- Your account number will arrive as SMS from GTBank.
How to check your GTBank account number via Mobile app
If at any point you have the GTBank mobile activated on your mobile phone, tracing your bank account becomes even easier.
- Log on to your GTBank Mobile app
- You can find your 10-digit NUBAN account number at the left corner of the screen, see image below for reference.
How to check my GTBank account balance
To check your account balance from your linked number to your GTBank account
- Dial *737#
- Select option “9” for “Next”
- In the next slide select “2” for A/C balance
- Enter your 4-digit PIN, you will receive your account balance straight up.
Now you’ve learnt how to check your account number via USSD code/magic banking, SMS, Mobile app, and as well the account balance. Feel free to read other content on this page about certain GTBank transactions.
Raphael Orji is a freelance writer, professional blogger and a content marketing consultant. I work with small businesses, startups and entrepreneurs in building their brand image with high quality blogging and content marketing strategy.
In need of highly purposeful driven articles that will resonate with your audience,
Want this kind of article that engages, converts and compels your readers to buy from you,
If you want search Engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo to send and open the floodgates of readers to your website/blog on daily basis,
Want to rank your website/blog
Head over to my Hire Me page and see which of my services you’d like to have.