Becoming an Uber driver in Nigeria, requirements and process
January 10, 2022
Becoming an Uber driver – Urban transportation has undoubtedly emerged, indisputably necessitated by rural to urban migration, however, has been a key pointer over time for greener pastures.
While the rural few seek to access quality life by means of livelihood, the overall result is transformed into a densely populated urban settlement where everyone jostle for transportation competitively.
Empirical evidence on this assertion can be traced to the transportation system of Lagos state,
Where a marmot crowd struggle to access available buses resulting to a case of survival of the fittest. The theory here stands that wherever problem is found there’s an underlying opportunity.
Given this, becoming an Uber driver has been a reoccurring desire among unemployed young Nigerians. Money has been made, it’s being made and would still be made in this business.
If you are reading this piece, you’re probably looking for a way to becoming an Uber driver in Ernest, rest assured that every single detail you need to get started and succeed has been covered in this guide.
The good thing with Uber is that it offers a golden opportunity to become your own boss, you can become a driver without having your own car even.
Requirements to becoming an Uber driver
At this point it becomes necessary to understand that these requirements sometimes vary according to states of operation, but whichever state you are there is a relative similarity to these requirements.
- You must have a valid Nigeria driver’s license
- You ought to have completed a safety screening
- Watch a short training video to enhance your understanding of the business process
- You should not be younger than 21 years.
Vehicle requirement for Uber services
Uber has a unique set of features a suitable vehicle should poses. It then stands that to pass the eligibility test your vehicle should have the following,
- Four sizable doors for ease of entrance and exit
- Air conditioning facility should be at high notch
- Your vehicle should have a functional radio
Aside these features, Uber expects that your vehicle should be a Model within the year 2000 or newer than that.
Required vehicle documents
- You should have a vehicle inspection report
- Vehicle insurance must be in place
- Roadworthiness certificate and
- A valid Hackney permit
How to get started with Uber registration
Having met the above conditions it’s time to commence your journey into activating your account as an Uber partner.
- Be sure to keep an email account and smart phone handy from where your registration kick starts in Ernest
- Sign up (fill in the form accurately with required details)
- You will need to upload your documents accordingly (Valid driver’s license, driver profile photo, safety screening and virtual info session, valid LASDRI for Lagos drivers)
- Haven ensured that your vehicle meets the minimum required standard, it should also be in excellent working condition
- The final step involved is to activate your account and start making money.
Facts about becoming Uber driver in Nigeria
1. On the compensation plan Uber drivers get 75% of the fare, while Uber gets the remaining 25%
2. Payment is usually disbursed weekly, by this provision you will get a report showing your activity for the week under review and how much you are due to collect as at Thursday.
3. Provisionally you can make between N30k-N100k a week as an Uber driver
4. Being that you will have to be driving around a lot, you will need a car that conserves fuel like Corolla, Kia, Hyundai, etc
5. If you drive by yourself, you can pay for a car of N2m in few months, however, you may count up to 20 months to complete the payment where you hand in the car to a driver.
Uber customer service email
Uber offices in Abuja
Top floor, Jabi Lake Mall, Bala Sokoto way, Abuja
Monday – Thursday: 9am – 4pm
Friday: 9am – 3pm
29, Mambilla street, Aso drive, Abuja.
Office hours: Monday – Thursday: 9am – 4pm
Friday: 9am – 3pm
Raphael Orji is a freelance writer, professional blogger and a content marketing consultant. I work with small businesses, startups and entrepreneurs in building their brand image with high quality blogging and content marketing strategy.
In need of highly purposeful driven articles that will resonate with your audience,
Want this kind of article that engages, converts and compels your readers to buy from you,
If you want search Engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo to send and open the floodgates of readers to your website/blog on daily basis,
Want to rank your website/blog
Head over to my Hire Me page and see which of my services you’d like to have.